CenterPoint Energy is looking for a Control Systems/SCADA Engineer to join our Gas Engineering team, located in Minneapolis, MN.
You will have the ability to support the Company’s Gas Control and SCADA and process control systems. Provide engineering design and recommendations for Gas Control Systems. Maintains compliance with guidelines, best practices, and regulations. Provide support and implementation of control systems software and hardware upgrades and patches.
Provide guidance on our Cybersecurity programs and practices. Troubleshoot, investigate, and mitigate cyber risk. Supports testing and design parameters of new equipment as needed prior to approval for field installation. Coordinates with and supports other managers throughout all regions regarding SCADA and process control engineering related issues.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day.
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays, and paid time off
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement.
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Provide engineering support for SCADA and process control projects for pressure monitoring, pressure controls, flow monitoring, and flow controls, remote control valves, process control, HMI systems, field device communications, specifications, and programming.
- Develop documentation including system architecture, functional design specifications in accordance with project requirements.
- Generate various reports to regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Work with equipment vendors to resolve issues or identify new technologies and products.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines, best practices, standards, and regulatory authorities (TSA, API, PHMSA, DOT, NFPA, etc.)
- Understand and prepare for ongoing and emerging control systems cyber security issues, vulnerabilities, and mitigation strategies.
- Provide recommendations on security controls that addresses cyber security, physical security, and personnel security.
- Provide support to operations and engineering related to process control equipment installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
- Execute change manage process for implementing changes in the control system environment.
- Develop control systems interface, logic, programming and configuration.
- Implement and coordinate with different teams on Patch Management for Control Systems environment.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with internal/external departments to implement and operationalize functions to ensure compliance.
- Under general supervision, prioritizes and manages multiple assignments and projects concurrently and to timely completion.
- Provide mentoring and indirect supervision of others when direct teamwork is required.
- Prepare economic justification for projects to assist management with evaluation of capital investment.
Your background includes:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- No experience required. Experience in SCADA and Process Control systems, or related project in Industrial Control System (ICS) design preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two years of experience in SCADA and Process Control systems, or related project in Industrial Control System (ICS) design. Professional Engineer (P.E.) License required
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in SCADA and Process Control systems, or related project in Industrial Control System (ICS) design. Professional Engineer (P.E.) License required
A bonus to have:
- Experience working with Control System and ICS Cybersecurity.
Houston, TX 77469