Bring Classroom Content to Life Through Real-World Experiences
Career exploration is vital for students developing life skills and planning for life after high school. The process helps them learn about modern work opportunities in an ever-changing world and better understand the type of post-secondary education or training needed to do the job. For some students, going to college is the only way they can imagine themselves living their future dreams. However, many students want to know their options and better understand how on the job training, apprenticeships, and certification programs work that historically haven’t been as widely understood. Educators and guidance counselors can play a vital role in encouraging and helping students use FutureForward™ to explore their career options and discover what they enjoy prior to investing in a post-secondary career path.
How Educators & Counselors Use FutureForward™
- Include FutureForward™ in your curriculum to teach students how to best use it.
- Guide students toward experiential learning that best meets their learning style.
- Invite local professionals to be a classroom speaker.
- Search the directory to find upcoming career fairs to share with students.
- Schedule tours for your students.
- Use business mentors registered in the directory to offer suggestions for elective classes.