Creating a Clear Path for Students to Their Future Employers
FutureForward™ helps students find their career passion and provides a space for classroom educators to guide students toward business professionals who share their knowledge and passion for keeping jobs local.
Committed to helping everyone
FutureForward™ is a robust, hands-on career exploration and readiness program committed to helping everyone with a key interest in ensuring local communities have a prepared and engaged future workforce. Area educators, local employers, high school students and their families can quickly and easily find career exploration resources that match their interest and needs in one place. FutureForward™ is a highly collaborative initiative with a strong focus on ensuring healthy, vibrant communities throughout Minnesota by creating clear career paths for students to their future employers.
Students & Parents
Accommodating all styles of learning, students explore opportunities that best meet their possible career interests, find industry mentors, and match with hands-on practical experiences.
Classrooms & Educators
Practical tools paired with local people to assist teaching career exploration and real-world skills to students and help steer them toward the most fitting post-secondary career path and local employment.
Employers & Mentors
Local businesses and industry mentors impact and guide future employees, critical skill sets, and employment needs unique to their local area.
Students explore careers and work environments driven by changing labor & technology trends
- Career Fairs/Reverse Career Fairs
- Guest Speaker/Guest Instructor
- Employability/Soft Skills
- Informational Interviews
- Job Shadows
- Material Donations
- Mock Interviews
- Paid/Unpaid Work Experience
- Project Based Learning
- Resume & Cover Letter Support
- Service Learning/Student Volunteerism
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
- Business, Management, and Administration
- Education and Training
- Energy Systems
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics